Saturday, September 30, 2006

Death Penalty - Lithuania

"Death Penalty" is a tricky question. I even dare to say that it is the hardest question that literally touches the minds of each one, who dare to claim being human. Personally I had the various musings on that theme, therefore I am exceptionally happy for that’s the past already. Though it has taken some time to grasp consciously what it means to be the Catholic but I became free from confusion of the thoughts about the revenge that people name as the justice ultimately.

Death Penalty ... I was warned against a danger of indulging in the deep breathing on a street in a busy town. However, I have opened my window towards the world. My curiosity overcame the fear of nasty smell that was disguised under the beauty of the modern design and I was richly rewarded. The wonderful chirping of a tiny bird blanketed out the roar of the motors. I was looking at the rapid stream of cars, but I saw the wonderful picture, the smiling portrait of the sunbeam, the divine sparkle that washed my eyesight and put me into the wonderment. In a fraction of a second, I was freed from the local prejudices and the divine love stretched out my hands. I joyfully embraced the whole world.
We see not what is touched by us, but what flows from the heart. This outlook opens a door into the world of eternal light that knows no shadows.

I am not going to rewrite the Bible. We all will dye one day and no one knows where that will happen. However, the Christians know that the death is not the end but the exam, the door into the eternity. We all were worthy of the death, but Jesus was crucified for we could enjoy the eternal life. That puts everything in a new light.

However, do we comprehend what the acceptance of God's caring love means in practice?
Do I myself participate in the sharing of the divine light?
How does my own words relate to my actions?

Thank you for the project "One at all" I see it as a horizontal line of the Christian Cross where the vertical symbolize our relationship with God and the horizontal line reminds the need to recognize myself in the eyes of other, to name the foreigner my dear brother in spirit for to enjoy indeed the life.

I am sorry just for one. I am writing with a vocabulary in hand and therefore my Lithuanian-English may fail to express in words what is burning in my heart, yet I hope you will understand me right. I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

When we meet eye to eye, the smile decorates our faces by itself, and the hearty Hi joins us in a hug of itself. So our works reveal our heart and verify the statements we are making. Life on a web has some specific. Prior sharing our lights, we must log into the forum. However, I am sure this wouldn’t be the obstacle. We will make the exchange of our links for could name ourselves the members of “One at all" project in full sense of a word.
Thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jock said...

Hello Tomas,

Great to have you with us! Welcome!

But does Death Penalty exist in Lithuania? Is it common? Or you don´t have this on your country?

Regards,

Diego

5:37 PM  
Blogger TOMAS said...

Dear Diego,

We didn’t have death Penalty in Lithuania. Our Constitution forbids such form of penalty.

Regards,
Tomas

7:20 PM  
Blogger Jan Schuster said...

Ehm ... introduce death penalty and you can leave EU. Easy decision i think. Non-existence of death penalty is a precondition of joining the EU and even Turkey quit execution since joining the enlargement negotiations.

12:05 AM  
Blogger TOMAS said...

Dear Jan,
Thank you for the comment. You supported my writing with the information about EU laws. However, your remark was something new to me.
I think that not I alone but the most in Lithuania didn’t think about EU laws at all when question goes on our right to live (death penalty)
Your comments sounds logical, but, excuse me please; the remarks smell as the judgment that offends a bit.
I am proud for the most people in Lithuania. Though we aren’t rich country, but spirituality, the moral questions still rule our life more than various economical projects.
You wrote "Easy decision i think. ..." and you aren't right. And I am very happy for morality isn’t identified with politic till now in Lithuania.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home