Friday, September 29, 2006

Death Penalty - United States

I agree with my Finnish mate that invoking the death penalty only mirrors the same horror that has been done by the orginal crime. What troubles me in the USA is how feverently the Right To Lifer's (anti-abortionist) are usually in favor of the death penalty.

I don't know if I am for it or against it in theory but in practice it makes no sense. When is a life deemed so worthless that the tax payers of our country can kill them with the consent of our law and govenrment?

Strangely, suicide is illegal in most states of our country. So, if you commit some kind of crime it would be illegal to kill yourself but the state can do it for you. Sometimes the USA is a constant contridiction and it makes us all look like assholes to the rest of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home