Friday, September 29, 2006

Famous People

I was checking the list of members and I realized it's a very eclectic group, I'm sure there's a lot of differences between our every day lives but I just don't know too much about what is going on in the rest of the world... sorry, I'm that clueless.

Thinking that we need a lighter topic, I thought it'd be a good idea to talk about famous people in our lands: Is there a person in your country that the whole world knows him/her? Is there an artist, writer, performer, sports person from your country that can be recognized pretty much everywhere on the planet? Or maybe he/she is very famous for all the wrong reasons, but hey, he/she is from your country after all... Come on, tell us about him/her.

2 Comments:

Blogger TOMAS said...

Famous People - Lithuania

We have started our "One at all" project with discussion about the death penalty. However, while death penalty violates human rights and consequently contributes to the growth of crime, the famous people in our land serve as the best remedy of all disasters. Their example comforts us, supports and encourages not to lose hands but to share the love with all around.
I am happy to tell you about such person now. I am going to present the person I know the best. She is my wife and her name is Elzbieta. You can find her photo on my web page at http://www.trans4mind.com/karkalas. I am happy to repeat the words that I have said then.

Dear Elzyte, thank you for who you are and allowing me to be me.
All the flowers of the world mirror you and are yours.
In essence, not I but you are the author of all my pictures.
I am only the grateful mirror of your beautiful soul, so filled with incredible patience, love and forgiveness.
Thank you for you helped me to recognize the true Light.

On the 13th of October I am going to have an exposition of my pictures. It would be already the 52 show. I will expose my new pictures there, but the essence will be the same. So to say, the eternities didn’t change and that is the secret of our power.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Rebelde, this does sound like an interesting topic - there are so very many Americans that are noted for fame (I suspect Cole, our American rep will find this topic very consuming!), it would be great to see what all the rest of the world has to offer in this topic.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home