Friday, October 06, 2006

Death Penalty - Bosnia and Herzegovina

Law on death penalty in Bosnia and Herzegovina is complying with European laws, which prohibit death sentence completely. One of the articles of our Criminal Law says that death punishment can be enforced only during war in the country, but I am not sure if that law will remain valid for long, having in mind that my country is striving towards inclusion in European Union.

However, from my point of view, we are over-humanizing ourselves. There is just no reason to let live some individuals who have done wrong to community. Or is there? People like war mongers, or ones who committed genocides and crimes against humanity, should they be allowed to live? What for? So they would better themselves, and feel sorry one day for thousands of deaths they caused? So we could call ourselves civilized and better than they are? That is ridiculous, because turning another cheek I call stupid, nothing else. When someone slaps me, I slap him back, harder, if possible, so that someone would remember for the long time not to try to slap me again.

Besides personal vengeance, there is much more logics hiding in my belief in death punishment - my belief is that if someone is proven incorrigible and beyond repair, why waste time and resources to keep the bastard alive? While you can publicly and openly remove and execute mo-fugger, therefore cleaning up society, removing bad seeds from the gene pool, and ensuring that justice prevails. Wait, do I hear a question "what type of justice is that"? Well, one that says that you cannot kill directly or indirectly hundreds and thousands people, and get just 27 years in the hotel-prison... Could you in the eyes of the victims and explain to them how "this is sufficient justice"...? I couldn't, I know that. At least couldn't while still calling myself a man.


3 Comments:

Blogger cole edwards said...

Who is anyone to judge when someone is terrible that we should just kill them? People change. Evolve. I think it is hypocritical to kill someone because they killed someone.

That "eye for an eye" thing would never end. There is always someone left behind who mourns the loss of a life.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jan Schuster said...

That's it: People Change! ANd that's good because our whole European Rights System works on educating criminals. Sometimes it's not working out. But I think it's better than to stay on the old testament rung of the ladder of enlightment.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jock said...

I do respect your opinion, and I don´t totally desagree...

I have this feeling about some categories of crime too, like rape...
In brazilian situation is not a secret that prisional system DON´T change the criminal to good! They don´t get out educated! He gets out even worst.

It this kind of prisional system, in some cases I agree with you.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home