Monday, October 02, 2006

Famous People - Canada

Earlier this day I had been heading home from a neighboring city and did enlist my husbands help with this topic. I made notes on a paper of people he and I could think up that made up for the famous in Canada. I started a post this afternoon - and thought I saved it to draft, to find later this eve that no, it is NOT saved - so, here I am, starting anew.

In random order (I'm mixing up pollitical, artistic, sports etc) and naming some of Canadas famous from over time (many current... but some from the past):
It was quite pleasing to see that we could come up with such an extensive list of Canadians that we figured were 'famous'. I welcome other mentions in the comments of Canadian figures worthy of mention that I have missed.

Additionally:
Here are some web pages listing famous Canadians (to supplement the list that I have made up with my husbands help):

-Posted by Desiree

5 Comments:

Blogger Jock said...

Alanis Morissette, Nickelback (the band)...
A lot of people!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Ahh yes, Alanis, she has also got very enjoyable music. :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I saw (a post above mine) that Kayanon mentioned one of her countries singers (Angela Aki) was inspired by yet another talented Canadian singer, Sarah sarah Mclachlan... I had forgotten her when making the 'list'... but she is one whos voice is definitely worth listening to.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Andreina said...

What about Jim Carrey???
He was born in Newmarket, Ontario!!
Greetings from Venezuela...

11:20 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Greetings Andreina, Yes.. you are correct, Jim Carrey too is a Canadian that has become widely known for his acting and comedic abilities.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home