Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Famous People - Mexico

Hi.
Sorry I delayed to post this but unfortunately offline life has kept me away fro the internet. Anyway. I would like to say I like this "famous" people subject since I 've been learning some stuff ,like I didn't know the Scorpions were from Germany... (:P)
Anyway, here is my list I hope I'm not forgeting to mention so many people...

Writers:
Carlos Fuentes
Jorge Volpi
Paco Ignacio Taibo II ( He wrote an excellent biography of the Che Guevara which has been translated to many languages, it won the Bancarella Prize in Italy. He usually writes black novels and sells a lot in Mexico even if he does not belong to the mainstream.)

Sportmen:
Hugo Sánchez ( soccer player)
Ana Guevara ( athletism)
Julio César Chavez (boxer)

Directors:
Alfonzo Cuarón
Gonzales Iñarritú
Del Toro

Actors:
Salma Hayek
Gael García Bernal
Diego Luna

Other people:

Subcomandante Marcos ( for becoming an iconic image of the EZLN ( Zapatist Army of National Liberation) which declared a guerrilla against the government on 1994)
Mario Molina ( Won a novel prize)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home