Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Places You Should Know - Australia

There are many famous and beautiful places in Australia. I have put together a collection of some of these places below. I have tried to find some less common views of them to give a better sense of them, rather than just a postcard image.

Firstly, here are a few places you might know:


Ayers Rock

Bondi Beach


The Australian War Memorial

Here are the same places again, but viewed in a way you may not have seen before:

Ayers Rock


Bondi Beach (photo courtesy of bryanfpeterson.com)

The Australian War Memorial


Here are a couple more places you should know:


Sydney CBD is beautiful from any angle (well... sometimes it's hard to see the beauty from street level.) Here is a shot looking across the harbour from the North-East.


This is Cradle Mountain, Tasmania. It's a beautiful wilderness area with many walking tracks!

Here's another favourite, the Twelve Apostles on the Great Ocean Road between Melbourne and Adelaide on the South-East coast of the country. There are actually only eight... or make that seven. One fell down last year. Below is a before/after shot!




4 Comments:

Blogger Rebelde said...

I've been specially attracted to Australia since I was a kid, don't ask me why, I guess all the pictures I've seen look wonderful and the nature side of down under is fascinating.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too... my dream destination. It's also the home to the man I loved, sadly he's gone but I will certainly go there one day.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebelde,

I have just seen your comment on my blog and would be delighted to be part of the adventure. Just let me know what I should do.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and here's my email: mickelino@hotmail.fr
bye for now!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home