Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Words you should know from my country: India

First of all, I am in a dilema and in great pride about my country since there are so many languages in my country, yet we have a great feeling of unity and patriotism being a language uniting all us. Lets see some words you should know in my county.

Namaste- wishes.. It is used to wish people. It is a Hindi word.
Vanakkam is the tamil equivalent of this word. Namaskaram is another word which can be also used for wishes

then I will give you the Hindi words frequently used in my country.

Chalo- meaning go.

Bharat- another name for my country.

paisa meaning money.

rupees is the currency in India and every transaction will be in rupees and paise.

and if I continue with all, then it would be very tedious. Also I want all you to know about the language named Tamil, which the central government of India along with Sanskrit gave a special status,

Vanakkam, as described earlier means wishes.

Kaasu- meaning money.

Vaa- come

Po- go

Padam- film, movie

And so much words in use. Also I ve to tell abt Telegu, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Sindi, Assamese, Sanskrit, which already form a list of words.

Sorry, this time the post was like this from the next post, I ll try to give you exact large details, since this time the topic was more tedious and vast.

Meet you in the next post.

Regards,
Ravi

3 Comments:

Blogger Jock said...

Thanks for the post, Ravi. We all appreciated very much!

Namaste! :)

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanakkam! :) Hehehe.. I only know this word. My post is not complete without Tamil, you come to the rescue hehehe...
Welcome.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Rebelde said...

I understand there lots of different dialects in India, we don't have that in my country so I find the diversity very interesting and not tedious as you mention

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home