Monday, November 06, 2006

The one thing my country doesn't have is... Lithuania

While sitting at my computer, I escape the walls of tiny room and wander joyfully around the earth, and the lovely chatter of fellow’ bloggers creates the illusion of the total happiness. Wow! …

The “One at All” question “The one thing my country doesn't have is ...” gave me a good shake. I awoke and looked around. I saw as healthy as sick people. There were as the prosperous as the beggars.
While some had a tedious time in grand restaurants, other searched for a daily bread in dustbins. Each one of them would answer differently what our country is lacking the most, and they all will be right.

What do the disabled lack the most? Is it money for the medicine or the health?

My friend drives a car, I haven’t it but I have a computer. My friend bothers about the fuel cost, and I worry for the traffic to my blog. As you see, our lack is produced by what we have.
I sense that the level of the gratitude for what I have already could be much greater than it is currently and greatly appreciate the chance of the participation in “One at All” project as the healing. Thank you for the recovery.

3 Comments:

Blogger cole edwards said...

maybe it is the language barrier, but you never seem to write about the topic. Mostly I have no idea what you are talking about. I am sorry if this offends you but perhaps I am just missing your point? I know I am not the only one because others have commented on this on previous entries. I am also Lithuanian so I love ya, but, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
xx

1:00 PM  
Blogger Ashlee said...

I think the concept for this blog is really cool and interesting.

Lithuania is a beautiful place, I visited there earlier this year.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

I thought Tomas made a very interesting point -- that our needs are defined by what we actually have.

Most of the world would probably imagine that I, as someone living in England, have everything I could possibly want. But of course there are things I want and can't have. Wherever you are, whoever you are, there are things you want.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home