Thursday, December 21, 2006

3 Ways to Make the World a Better Place - New Zealand

Mahatma Gandhi said: "We must become the change we want to see." So the topic of what three things we can do to make the world a better place one has to start with oneself and our own circle of influence.

So my three things to make the world a better place are:

1. Treat people like you want to be treated. I am a firm believer in what you give out is what you get back.

2. Understand and learn from each other, respecting our own differences. Celebrating our achievements!

3. Recycle: Reduce our wasted energy in and around the home over the next twelve months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebelde said...

I don't know about your first one. What if I'm a masoquist? Should I spank everybody just because I like to be spanked? I'd say "treat people the way THEY want to be treated". The karma law would still be valid: you will be making people feel good, and that will come back to you.

3:30 PM  
Blogger cole edwards said...

Dude, Rebelde...you read my mind as I sit and read through others entries that speak of tolerance and understanding.

I think I need to add to my list....Live your own life as though it were a singular event. Try to be good, kind, loving, respectful and mindful of the planet and its inhabitants in what you do.

It is a selfish wish to do unto others as you want to be treated..your point is perfect...what if I am a murderer, or rapist or arsenist..whatever.

I don't think we need more tolerance but more freedom...for others.

Excellent point!

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home