Saturday, January 06, 2007

The invention that I would like to be created - Australia

Oh, great topic!

I have two great invention ideas to share. They're both very simple, but would make life so much easier. They might even exist already, but I haven't seen any...

First, I wish I had a mobile phone that could carry two active SIM cards simultaneously. I have a personal phone and a work-issued one. I'd love to be able to put my personal SIM card into the work phone and receive calls and SMS from both at any time. When making a call, you simply select which SIM - and phone account - you're calling from.

Second, I was thinking about portable phones (as opposed to mobile phones) that are often left lying around somewhere and not replaced in their cradle. The cradle always has a button that triggers a beeping noise from the phone handset - that way you can always find it after leaving it in the bathroom, bedroom or balcony. It would be great to have the same feature on remote controls with a 'beeper button' on the TV/VCR/DVD unit. Recently I was thinking about making this idea more versatile by having pairs of little devices that can be stuck or attached to small objects like remote controls. They would use Bluetooth technology (or similar) to communicate. You would stick the 'beeper button' device somewhere convenient like the coffee table or TV and stick the 'speaker' device on the remote control, key ring or any other small, easily-misplaced object.


Let me know if they exits. I want one!

2 Comments:

Blogger D Naruka said...

The idea of a mobile phone with two active sim cards is great! Would really save so much hassle. Good one!

5:38 PM  
Blogger shing said...

Hey Adam! I admire your really "techie" imagination! What company do you work for? Hehehe. The dual-SIM thing is actually available in the PHilippines, but not as advanced as you would imagine. We have to switch from SIm to SIM and choose which one is active at any given time. But at least we have both SIMs in one phone. Hope that helps you. :)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home